The October Premium Tech Tool frequently asked questions are now available for viewing. This document covers the most important need-to-know information about Premium Tech Tool.
***To view the October frequently asked questions, click here.
For a summary of our top five most asked questions, click here.
Tips of the Month:
This release of Tech Tool 2.7 will include New features and Changes. To name a few…
- The odometer (mileage) value of the connected product will now be shown in the Product Identification screen as well as recorded into Product History log.
- Tech Tool will now automatically detect any VOCOM adapter connected via USB.
- New version of VOCOM II firmware.
- Tech Tool now has the ability to read and clear fault codes communicating on J1939 (Example: Bendix Fusion system). Note that all fault tracing for Bendix Fusion must be done using Bendix ACOM.
For more information about new features and changes, please visit our website or What’s new…and the Help file under the Help Menu within the Tech Tool Application.
Updated Networking Requirements, click here to view.
VOCOM II is now available and is compatible with version 2.6.xx and newer. For VOCOM II firmware and instructions click here.
Support for PTT version 2.04 has ended.
The current version of PTT is 2.6.75. Deployment of 2.6.0 to dealers and customers has been completed. Please ensure you update your Premium Tech Tool laptops to 2.6.75 before logging in.
ECU Emissions Programming
The ECU programming for OBD2013 and newer emissions vehicles will include programming for the Engine ECM, Aftertreatment Control Module (ACM), Transmission ECU (TECU) and Vehicle ECU. We are required to provide access to program certain emissions related ECU’s under the Service Information Requirement law, step 2013. Both the EPA and CARB require this. The following EPA software reprogramming requirement is described on page 8418 EPA OBD & SIR: 40 CFR Part 86.010-38.
OBD changes in 2016, click here.
License Agreement, click here to view.
You are now able to view Central Systems Status using Tech Tool Monitor.
When logging into Premium Tech Tool, if you receive a “Login Failure” message, please utilize Chat.
Supported Chat Login Failure Error Messages
“Your user ID is unknown or you have entered the wrong password. Please try again.”
“Your user account is locked. Please contact local support for assistance.”
Note Password Requirements:
- The preferred password cannot be among the last 7 used for your account.
- A Password requires that you have at least 8 characters.
- The Premium Tech Tool password expires every 180 days.
If you need to share your screen with one of our customer support agents in order to troubleshoot an issue, please download this TeamViewer link and call Customer Support to speak with an agent. Volvo 1-877-978-6586 and Mack 1-800-247-0039 option 1
For Technical Support (help with using the software, problems encountered while using the software, communication issues, etc.), please call 877-978-6586 or fill out our contact form: Click Here